Poweroll 2 vs. Powermatic 2
Rolling your own cigarettes is a new hobby among cigarette smokers, and it makes every sense to learn it. RYO is like DIY believers because it helps people to save money and live a reasonable economic lifestyle. As a common hobby among smokers, various tools have been designed by cigarettes ergonomists to bring the best of technology to the practice of RYO.
In our tradition, at Windy City Cigar, to educate and inform our teeming loyal and prospective customers, we have written quite a handful of content on RYO machines. You may wish to see a few of the articles here on the various ways to roll your own cigarette.
With that say, our objective in this discussion is to make a comparison between PoweRoll 2 and Powermatic 2 rolling machine to determine which of these machines you should choose for your RYO. Our aim of doing this is simple – we want to give you the best always! Of course, both devices are great individually, but as you will soon find out in the following discussion, each of the machines has their strong point, which you may appeal to you more.
Comparison between Poweroll 2 and Powermatic 2
In recent time, we have done a detailed review of Poweroll 2; please visit here to read the content in detail. However, I am going to describe the machines in a few words here before going on to compare it with Powermatic.
Poweroll 2 Electric Cigarette Rolling Machine
It is a popular automatic rolling machine by the world famous tool manufacturer Top-O-Matic. If you are conversant with discussions on cigarettes and tools, you should have come across that name. Poweroll 2 is a larger-sized machine that makes king-size cigarettes. The product comes with necessary accessories, including carrying case, power adapter, dust brush, nozzle brush, cleaning rod, and a tray.
These accessories help the machine in various ways, including carrying and protection, cleaning, and collection of tobacco and power connection.
In term of functionality, Poweroll 2 is a reliable machine that stands out among other rolling products in the market. It takes away the trouble of rolling your own cigarettes by hand or by the use of manual machines. This function helps the heavy smokers who like to roll more cigarettes do so with ease and save more money. You can roll up to hundreds of cigarettes in a few minutes.
Price wise, the cost betrays the machine’s great works. Of course, one would expect such a device with the versatility to be pricey, but it’s quite affordable.
The best part of Poweroll 2 is that it’s jamming free or rather it is a significant improvement over its predecessor. The machine, in addition to rolling king size sticks; it can as well roll regular, short, and 84mm cigarettes. The device is spoon-driven and uses spring mechanism support to ensure production of the smoothest cigarettes.
Powermatic 2 Electric Cigarette Rolling Machine
Among many competent alternatives, you will find for Poweroll 2 is Powermatic 2 top electric rolling machine. This rolling tool is not another option to Poweroll 2; it is an intimidating competitor for many reasons. It’s a convenient machine that offers better ease of use for smokers to roll their cigarettes with great convenience.
It is an electric rolling machine the same way as Poweroll2 and uses 112V outlet facility. The device comes with relevant accessories to serve your rolling interest, including the power adapter, dust brush, nozzle brush, cleaning rod, and a tray. The best part of this machine is it prevents wastage of tobacco as excess feed is collected in a tray where you can retrieve it later and reuse. It also uses a spoon injection technique that ensures your cigarette is properly stuffed similar to factory-made cigarettes.
The machine kits include free Shargio tubes, 2 lighters, and a cigarette case. It rolls cigarettes with great accuracy and speed. Although you may need to acquire additional kits if you need top performance grades, these accessories are of great value and cost savings to you.
Lastly, before we go on to compare both products, I need to tell you that the price is affordable, but it’s pricier than Poweroll 2. But since our interest is finding a rolling machine with more versatility and value for producing high-quality cigarettes at cheaper cost and ease of use, I would say it’s a consideration that worth your time and mine.
The Two Machines side by side
For our comparison, we will use the following criteria: Ease of Use, Jamming, Perfect rolling, Price, Durability, Maintenance, Types of cigarettes to produce, and Number of sticks per minute. In making this comparison, we will award a score of 1 to 5 (1= poor, 2=Fair, 3= Good, 4=Great, 5=Excellent).
Ease of Use
Types of cigarettes to produce
Number of cigarettes per minute
Summary of rating
- Ease of Use. When comparing the ease of use of both rolling machines, our test shows the tools offer the same performance where a new user can roll their cigarettes from the first contact. You don’t need a long learning curve to use any of the machines.
- While both devices put up an excellent performance on Jamming during cigarette making, we scored Poweroll-2 4/5 because of some jamming experience during production. Although this is negligible, it’s obvious compared to Powermatic 2.
- Perfect rolling. While rolling with Poweroll 2, we had occasions where the tubes are not correctly filled that we had to empty the rube to destroy it. In the case of Powermatic 2, we didn’t experience any incidence of waste or partial filling of tobacco in the tube.
- Our price comparison shows Poweroll 2 is more affordable compared to Powermatic 2.
- Although they are made of plastic materials, both products are sturdy built and durable.
- Both products are easy to maintain, cleaning is easy as you can quickly open up necessary parts to remove excess tobacco and use the cleaning kits to keep it clean.
- Both products come with essential accessories.
- Quiet mode. We found Powermatic 2 produce less noise compared to Poweroll 2.
- Types of cigarettes to produce. Poweroll 2 produces only king size cigarettes while Powermatic 2 does more, both small and long sticks.
- The number of cigarettes per minute. Both rolling machines have equal ability to roll m more per minute, but we notice interruptions during rolling with Poweroll 2 such as improper filling the tube or jamming. Such activity slows down the production capacity of the machine hence the award of 4/5.
We found both machines stand neck to neck in performance. The jamming and reduced number of production per minute may be caused by the quality of tobacco used, such as moisture level or the way it is stuffed into the loading chamber for rolling. Therefore, we recommend both machines if you want a way to roll more stick and save more money with RYO your smoke.